0 Days. HIGH CRIMES is officially a real thing, no longer a figment of our collective imagination, it’s on sale and available right here.
A few things to note:
1. HIGH CRIMES is a digital-only comic from Monkeybrain Comics. It’s available exclusively thru Comixology and your 99 cents allows you to read it on your desktop, laptop, tablet or phone (where technologically applicable).
2. It’s 18 pages total, including my blathering essay and backmatter.
3. Buying with the link above (remember that?) directly from Comixology’s website sends more money our way. Buying via iTunes is fine too, though. Whatever you wanna do, we want you to do.
4. We do this book for free. The only money we stand to see from it is from sales. This is about as direct a market as you can get. No pre-orders, no running out of print, no hindrance to buying a comic from the bathroom at 3 in the morning if you feel like it.
It’s just us making our book and you buying it, sort of like the post-apocalypse economy, but without the unpleasantness of marauders.
5. If you like it, tell some people, maybe? I hear social networking is a good way to do that, if you’re into that. Also? (so pushy, I know) if you could rate it on the Comixology website, that might help too. Who knows? Basically, if you wanna help soldier the cause, we love you in advance.
Ibrahim and I met on my birthday, back in July, by a totally random set of pancake-based circumstances, and a week later we were working on the book in earnest, Ibrahim starting on character sketches while I pounded my head against a script I’d been writing in my head for the last 2 years and now had to somehow make a real thing. More than 6 months later, here we are, with No. 1 on sale the same day we’re putting No. 2 to bed. It’s been exhausting, but more than that, it’s been awesome.
I haven’t slept in like 20 hours, so hopefully that ineptly-told hard luck tale inspires you to drop 99 cents on our book, a book even I (after much freaking out and yard barfing) think is pretty good. We’re only getting better as we go.